Tuesday 8 January 2013

Start of the 2014 season. Winmau World Masters

Well after some much needed time off in September and a holiday I travelled to Las Vegas to play a soft tip tournament run by DARTSLIVE  http://www.darts-theworld.com/en/ which was an excellent tournament.

I decided to travel here in preparation for the soft-tip World Cup of darts of which I would be playing in for myself and team Russia.I have written a separate blog regarding this event.  http://www.idfdarts.org

So back to the steel tip. Well the start of 2014 season has really not started to plan. I attended the Winmau World Masters in Hull and I really struggled to hit my doubles in the event and lost out in the last 64 stage 4-2 in legs to Japanese player Kyio Shimizu who I gave chances to and took them well when presented with them. http://www.dartsforwindows.com/winmau/WinmauWorldMastersLadiesSingles11102012.pdf

I had been putting in a lot of practice with my new darts of which I had dropped form 22grams in weight to 20grams in weight as this is the required weight for soft-tip. I had practiced well and scored well but I could just not find that double at the end of the legs which I needed.I knew the change in the weight of the dart had not affected me that much and it was jsut one of those days where I missed my doubles.

I have never really played to my ability yet in the Winmau since winning the youth title. I have been runner up once just before I switched to the PDC. This is one title that is very hard to win and one that still I want to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment