Tuesday 8 January 2013

Jersey Festival of darts.


After my return from a break to see family and friends in Russia and to celebrate my wins, It was back to business with the steel-tip and a trip to Jersey for their Festival of Darts.

This was a tournament that was very unique to the BDO ranking system as this offered two singles ranking events over the weekend. I attended the event with my Husband Tony Martin and a few of his friends as they came away for a break and to support me.

The event started off with the pairs event and I was for the first time partnering the Ladies World Ranked number one player Deta Hedman. To say we played well would be an understatement, We won the event without dropping a single leg along the way winning all games 3-0 in legs. This was a great start to the weekend and i was happy with the way I played.

The next tournament was the Jersey Open singles. I had a very tough draw first round when I was drawn out against Trina Gulliver. This was not one of my best performances and I lost 3-0 in legs. Trina played very well and deserved the victory and Trina made it to the final of this event where she lost out to the young talent of Fallon Sherrock who is one to watch for the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OneFDKVSus

The next singles tournament was the Jersey Classic singles. I made it to the last of this tournament and then played my pairs partner for the weekend Deta Hedman who was that little bit to strong for me and beat me 3-2 in legs. This game has been shown many times on dart forums, Facebook, Twitter etc due to the high standard of this game with myself and Deta showing what Ladies darts is all about. Deta made it to the final where she was beaten by Lisa Ashton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB1Rzsz-Ldo

So after this tournament I had only gained a few more BDO ranking points going into the Zuiderduin Masters. I felt my practice was good but I was just not getting the results that I needed. So it was back to the practice board for me in preparation for county and my next BDO ranked event in December.


No comments:

Post a Comment